2009

       

Minutes of FSA Board Meeting

Minutes of FSA Board Meeting
Sunday, January 11, 2009

Present: Tammy Anderson, Bab Palmquist, Brendan Cox, Tina Stadler, Missy Plante, Ann Weinkoff, Troy Temple, Pat Dudley
Absent: Doug Zahn

Guests: Julie Langeslag, Jason Johannsen

There was no meeting held in December.

Minutes from 11/9/2008 meeting were approved.

Treasurer’s report was approved.  Ann will verify fee for tax services from Tom Hanson before continuing his services.

Artistic Photography gave FSA a proposal for doing Traveling Soccer league pictures.  He continues to do pictures for Little Feat.  He'd like our business back.  He showed what he had to offer plus prices.  They do give 10% of the sales back to the association.  AP has shown extreme flexibility in the past to get all teams done in a timely manner and the turnaround time to get pictures has been acceptable.  It was passed to give the account to Artistic Photography for 2009.

Little Feat Update:
Would like to also stay with Artistic Photography for their pictures.
Due to feedback and cost there will be no mini camp from Shattuck.  Would rather do a coaches clinic for parent volunteers instead.
Fee should be able to stay at $75/player.  This would include shirts, shorts, socks, balls and water bottles.  Shirts are paid for from the Rotary, money used for Shattuck camp would pay for shorts and socks, and same fee for water bottles and balls.  Set up fee is already paid for from Treadway-so no initial set up fees for printing.
Will use Roosevelt fields again.
On-line registration for Little Feat will be available-Tammy will get set up.  Under comments section of registration sizes will need to be noted for uniforms.
Discussed having a soccer session for 4 year olds.  Parents would need to help with this.
Also discussed the possibility of having a small traveling team compiled from the Little Feat teams.  Possibly 3-4 from each team would get together and have some games outside of the Little Feat program.  This would allow players to get a feeling of what the traveling team is all about.  This would be by invite only and possibly coed.
If it would be decided to have a traveling team from Little Feat-MYSA roster and level of play would need to be submitted.  Deadlines for this will be checked into-Tammy.
End of March will be registration for Little Feat if people do not register online.  Date has not yet been set.

Flyers for schools on registration:
Tammy to do flyers and get to schools for distribution.
Jason will write an article for the sports section of the news paper or have something put in the Lives and times section on registration to help promote FSA.

Registration Update:
Tammy and Troy will work on the wording on the online registration so as to capture if uniforms need to be ordered and the sizes needed.

 

Weekly updates of registration status will be e-mailed to coaches/managers to see how each returning team is progressing.  Tammy/Troy will send out updates.  Coaches/managers may need to do some recruiting if team is not filling up.
If not registering online, you may attend a registration meeting on Jan 25th.
Deadline for online registration is Feb. 8th.
Teams need to be registered with MYSA by early March.

Coaches/Managers for possible teams:
Boys:
U10-Hoffstead/Stoneman
U11-Stadlers
U12-Brown
U14-Palmquist/Dudley
U15-Zahn/Johannsen/Kletchka
U17-Benson/Kittlesen/Plante
Girls:
U12-Temple
U14-Wayland/Langeslag/Bokman
U16-Eimer-needs help on recruiting

Uniforms Update:
Troy will check on deadline to order uniforms from Eurosport. 
FSA will purchase some extras to help bridge those that may register late.
Online registration needs a spot yes/no for ordering or needing a uniform.-Troy and Tammy will take care of.
Coaches/managers no longer involved with uniforms-Tina and Tammy will handle it all.

Other Discussions:
Pat Ermer will paint fields again this year for us.
We will have fields at Maple Lawn and Shattuck-Troy has confirmed this.
All coaches/managers and parents that help in anyway MUST have a background check done.  This is an MYSA requirement.  Coaches and managers need to push this for the safety of all teams and players.  Tammy or Troy will send out info as to how to complete the background check online.

Meeting adjourned at 9:00pm

Next meeting is scheduled for February 8, 2009 at 7pm at Washington Rec Center.

Respectfully submitted,

Missy Plante
      Secretary

 

       

Minutes of FSA Board Meeting
Sunday, February 8, 2009

Present: Tammy Anderson, Bob Palmquist, Brendan Cox, Tina Stadler, Missy Plante, Ann Weinkoff, Troy Temple, Pat Dudley, Doug Zahn

Guests: Julie Langeslag, Steve Franck, Tim Larson

Minutes from 01/11/2009 meeting were approved.

Treasurer’s report was approved.

Little Feat Update:
            Tim and Steve were present to present some possible options for those 9/10 year olds that are over lapping in the Little Feat program and have not moved up to the traveling teams.  Some kids/parents are not sure if they are ready to do the traveling program, therefore staying in the Little Feat program.
            An option that generated much discussion was to have a rec-plus team.
            Could we try it as a pilot program this year?
            It could be a good feeder/transition program to the traveling teams.
            Could be either boys/girls/coed.
            Team would be by invite only.
            Steve/Tim would be willing to coach.
            Board felt that more information was needed on what rec-plus was and how it worked.
            Board would need to find out required information and then need further discussions to ascertain an appropriate decision.  They felt they needed more time and felt that maybe this may be a better option for next year.  Topic was tabled.
           
Registration:
Online registration deadline is midnight tonight. Currently registration is closed for boys U15, U11 & girls U12 as they have reached their roster limits. All other teams still have room to roster more players.  Some may even need to do some recruiting. Julie Laneslag is requesting that the girls U14 team transfer from C2 to C3 as she has lost 5 players this year and only won 27% of last summer’s games. Tammy will on deadline for this and submit move requested.

Uniforms
Order forms and checks slowly keep coming in. Uniform committee will contact those that have incomplete forms or have not made payment yet. 1st order will be placed soon so that printing can start. Subsequent order/s will be placed at a later date yet to be determined.

Other Discussions:
All coaches/managers and parents that help in anyway MUST have a background check done.  This is an MYSA requirement.  Coaches and managers need to push this for the safety of all teams and players.  Many have still not done this background check.  Please do so ASAP..
           
Meeting adjourned at 8:45pm

Next meeting is scheduled for March 8, 2009 at 7pm at Washington Rec Center.

Respectfully submitted,

            Missy Plante
                        Secretary

       

Minutes of FSA Board Meeting
Sunday, March 8, 2009

Present: Tammy Anderson, Bob Palmquist, Tina Stadler, Missy Plante, Ann Weinkoff, Troy Temple, Pat Dudley, Doug Zahn

Absent:  Brendan Cox

Guests: Julie Langeslag, Pat Ermer

No minutes were available from the 02/02/2009 meeting.  They will be ready for the next meeting.

Treasurer’s report was approved.

Registration and Team Update:
Petition request for Devin Fritz to play boys U15 this year was accepted.  Player will need to petition on                                                    a yearly basis as these requests are only approved if there is roster space available.
Team registration submittal was approved for the following teams:
                Boys U17, U15, U14, U11 & U10
                Girls U16, U14, U12 & U10
Troy will notify U17 girls that registered that there will be no team this year due to low number of girls who signed up.  He will suggest that if they are interested that they could help out on other teams.
Tammy will verify all that is required if any girls are interested-minors do not need back ground checks, player’s passes are needed, etc.
Current team rosters were approved and players can still be added at anytime as long as there is space available.

Little Feat will be at Roosevelt lower field.
Maple Lawn field needs to be implemented into field directory/location on MYSA.
Association will pay for 2 tournaments for each team this year.  Anything above that will need to be paid for by the players.  Copies of tournament registrations can be given to Ann and she will write a check for the fees.
Teams will need to gather new medical release forms for all players/coaches for this season along with copies of birth certificates and photos for player’s passes.  Start collecting early.

Uniforms
Still seeking some info and checks from some players-uniform committee will continue to work on this.
1st uniform order has been placed.

Fundraising:
Bob P. is looking at changing up the fundraiser activity this year to keep it fresh.  He is trying to work out the details for a golf tournament at the Legacy-possibly seeking MN Thunder players to participate.  Also soliciting hole sponsorships would be needed.
Another opportunity would be to do a breakfast-Missy will check into this.
A suggestion from Missy to promote our FSA t-shirts and possibly gear bags as a way to raise money.
               
Other Discussions:
                                Dates to remember:
                                                3/31   District Meeting & Game Scheduling Meeting at SSM
                                                3/28   Field and Ref coordinating Training-Missy will be attending
                                3/29   Meet & Greet, Little Feat registration at the Elks-1:30-4pm.  Teams can plan a get together at this time if they would like.  Not all teams plan on participating on this day as they have planned a separate event for their teams.
                                                End of the month-Tammy will submit info for player’s passes.
               
                Meeting adjourned at 9:25pm

Next meeting is scheduled for April 5, 2009 at 7pm at Washington Rec Center.

Respectfully submitted,

                Missy Plante
                        Secretary

       

Minutes of FSA Board Meeting
Sunday, April 5, 2009

Present: Tammy Anderson, Bob Palmquist, Missy Plante, Ann Weinkauf, Troy Temple, Pat Dudley, Doug Zahn, Brendan Cox

Absent:  Tina Stadler

Guests: None

Minutes were approved for February and March..

Treasurer’s report was approved.

Team Update:
We have 9 teams registered this year compared to 11 for 2008-lost 2 teams due to no or not enough players at those age levels.
137 players are registered vs. 172 in 2008-35 player difference which would make up the 2 teams lost.
Player’s passes should be back by the end of this week.  Troy or Tammy will notify managers/coaches so that these can be picked up and worked on.
Petitioned request for a player to play up a level that was approved at previous meeting-the player will no longer be playing with us as he has moved to play with SSM. .

Uniforms
Sellners has all the uniforms so far that need numbers.
Some men’s larges are back ordered and hopefully will be here by the end of next week.
Delivery of uniforms to managers should be by the end of April in plenty of time for 1st games.

Field/Ref Coordinator update:
Missy attended assignor clinic this past weekend and learned a lot;
Scheduled dates of games will be coming to assignor to schedule times and fields by April 3rd.  Needs to be completed and submitted by April 13th, 5pm to MYSA.
Assigning refs will happen after fields have been assigned.  Missy has sent out a compiled list of interested people and past refs.  Currently not a good response of refs.  Will continue to work on this and may possibly have to solicit help from surrounding communities.
Have already been in contact with SSM field coordinator on using their fields this summer.  They are confident that they will be able to help us out.

Fundraising Update-Golf:
Much talk on having a golf tournament and how to get it up and running.  There is much work that goes into putting one on and maybe this year we should look further into it and start planning for one next year aright after the 1st of the year.
Board voted to forgo one for this year but have Bob P. continue to roll with this lining one up for next year.
Another opportunity would be to do a breakfast-Tammy and Bob will work on getting one of these set up with the KC’s for sometime in May/June.
Missy has offered to make tickets-let her know details.
We would rely heavily on presale tickets and have each player sell a certain number (yet to be determined).
How to roll out ticket sales to players has yet to be determined.

Fall in House Soccer:
FSA officially has acquired this from the REC Center. Brendan will organize the fall season.
Will need to include 6th graders as there are no sports for them at the middle school and they are too old to play with the grade schools. 
Possibility of organizing something for fall with MYSA?
Brendan and Troy will schedule a meeting with the REC Center to move forward with this.

Other Discussions:
Troy will check on the rules of recruiting from other teams.  Does MYSA have some ruling on this?   Troy will look in past FSA documents to see what our policy is on reimbursing those that transfer or drop from FSA.  Most members of the board do not know what the policy is and it needs to be clarified.  Modifications may need to be made to it.  Troy will bring info to next meeting. Porta potties are part of the main budget and we have them maintained for the summer season.  These should all be in place by mid April.

                Meeting adjourned at 8:37pm

Next meeting is scheduled for Sunday May 3, 2009 at 7pm at Washington Rec Center.

Respectfully submitted,

                Missy Plante
                        Secretary

 

       

Minutes of FSA Board Meeting
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Present: Tammy Anderson, Bob Palmquist, Missy Plante, Ann Weinkauf, Troy Temple, Pat Dudley, Doug Zahn, Brendan Cox
Absent:  Tina Stadler
Guests: None


Minutes were approved for April.
Treasurer’s report was approved.
Budget: 
There was some discussion on if FSA had a budget.  The only budget that is set is that for complex maintenance fees.  In the future we will need to set budgets for other items.
Field/Ref Coordinator Update:
Outlining of fields needs to be done as games begin this week.  Pat Ermer will be doing this.
Field directions on both MYSA and FSA website need to be updated.  Field 02 needs to list ST. Mary’s Middle School not SSM Sports Complex-directions are also wrong.
Fields at SSM should depict which is turf field and which is inside track-Troy will look into changing.
Also discussed that coaches/managers should contact teams coming to town to make them aware of the detours and give them directions for rerouting.
Missy proposed that FSA reimburse $30 of the ref kit fees to the refs once they reach a culmination of 10 games provided they turn in their receipts.  Games do not all have to be done in one year-they can carry over until requirement is met for reimbursement.  Proposal accepted
Missy proposed that FSA continue to reimburse refs for their certification fees of $60 once refs have completed 5 games within the season.  Proposal was accepted.
Missy will go over referee information sheet and current referee policy and submit updates at the next meeting for approval.  These are two items that should be visited in January of each year and adjustment decided on then.
There was discussion on penalties for those refs that do no call no shows for their scheduled games.
Discussion by board on unscheduled games by coaches-should it be handled by field/ref coordinator and who/how will refs be paid?  Board decided that this is not allowed for this year and will be looked at next year as a possibility.

Little Feat Update: 
140 players registered so far.  Close to the same number as last year.
Ordering supplies right now.
Outlining goals and curriculum-wanting to have each practice based on a particular skill with goals at the end of the year for each age level.

Fall in House Soccer: 
Discussed offering a U12 (5th/6th grade) traveling league in the fall.  Games would be on Sat/Sun.
For fall league the Rec Center is liable this year, but next year would be covered by MYSA.
Refund Policy: 
Discussed not using the late registration fee.  We will not use “late fee” wording, but “Early Bird Fee”.
Meeting adjourned at 8:20pm
Next meeting is scheduled for Sunday June 7, 2009 at 7pm at Washington Rec Center.
Respectfully submitted,
                Missy Plante
                        Secretary

Minutes of FSA Board Meeting
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Present: Tammy Anderson, Bob Palmquist, Missy Plante, Ann Weinkauf, Troy Temple, Pat Dudley, Doug Zahn, Tina Stadler
Absent:  Brendan Cox                    
Guests: Julie Langeslag
Minutes were approved for June.
Treasurer’s report was approved.
Finances:

  • League playoff checks were disbursed.
  • Financial help was given to 10 families this year.
  • Discussions on possible fees for 2010.  Fees for travelling soccer will remain the same.
  • 2010 players must pay their fees before they can play.  NO PAY NO PLAY

Field/Ref Coordinator Update:

  • Scheduling this summer went well.
  • Refs did an awesome job.
  • We do need more refs as our association continues to grow and we look at possibly hosting tournaments in the future.  Please pass the word to anyone whom may be interested.  They can contact either Missy Plante or Troy Temple for more information.  Clinics begin right after the 1st of the year.
  • FSA is responsible for lining the fields during the summer & fall seasons for FSA soccer.
  • High School will be playing at the Complex this fall.
  • Fall Soccer for ages 5-10 will be played at the Complex on the Rotary field (closest to the pond).

Team Update: 

  • 180 kids registered for the Little Feat summer program.
  • Fall soccer for ages 5-10 will start September 8th at the soccer complex from 5:30-6:30 every Tuesday/Thurs for 6 weeks.  Rec center is taking care of registration this year for us.  Cost is $29.  Fee does not include any amenities.  Last year there were 105 players.

Fundraising:

  • Bob P. has been working on a golf tournament.  He has been in contact with Legacy Golf Course.  Tentative date is May 29th at 1pm.  Still working out the details of sponsors, signage, fees, food, and other items.
  • Tina suggested that we look at hosting a triathlon or a run/bike fundraiser.  There would be very little upfront costs as most money is made through registration fees.  This seems to be a popular event in today’s world.

Others:

  • We are looking for prospective board members for the next election coming up in October at the annual banquet.  We will be electing 3 members for a 3 year terms.  Anyone interested please contact one of the current board members to get your name on the ballot.
  • Annual Banquet is scheduled for October 11th at the Elks Club from 5-7pm.
  • Managers/coaches will be in charge of getting RSVP counts for the meal at the banquet and in to Tammy by the end of September.

Meeting adjourned at 9:10pm.
There will be no August meeting.
Next scheduled meeting will be September 13, 2009 at Washington Rec Center at 7pm.
Respectfully submitted,
                Missy Plante
                        Secretary

Minutes of FSA Board Meeting
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Present: Bob Palmquist, Missy Plante, Ann Weinkauf, Troy Temple, Pat Dudley, Doug Zahn
Absent:  Brendan Cox, Tammy Anderson, Tina Stadler
Guests: None
Minutes were not approved for last meeting as they were not complete for July and there was no meeting for August.  These will be ready for next meeting.
Treasurer’s report was approved.
Finances:

  • All monies fundraised/collected  by FSA for the complex has now been paid to the city-$150,000.
  • FSA finances look good as we wind down on 2009 and begin to budget for 2010.

Field/Ref Coordinator Update:

  • Things are winding down with fall games scheduled for fields and refs.
  • We do need more refs as our association continues to grow and we look at possibly hosting tournaments in the future.  Please pass the word to anyone whom may be interested.  They can contact either Missy Plante or Troy Temple for more information.  Clinics begin right after the 1st of the year.

Team Update: 

  • We have 1 fall team this year.  U12 boys which is a combination of 10-12 year olds.
  • Fall soccer for 5-10 year olds is under way at the new complex.  It’s exciting to see action at the new field.
  • The HS is also playing games at the new complex.

Fundraising:

  • Bob P. has been working on a golf tournament.  He has been in contact with Legacy Golf Course.  Dates being looked at are May 22 & 29th.  Tentative start time is at 1pm.  Still working out the details of sponsors, signage, fees, food, and other items.
  • Ann wants to dedicate her time as a parent advocate to get other parents involved with team activities and other possible fundraisers.

Annual Banquet:

  • Several parents have stepped up to run for the board member positions available.  There are 4 positions.  We also have some of our out going board members seeking re-election.
  • Annual Banquet is scheduled for October 11th at the Elks Club from 5-7pm.
  • Managers/coaches will be in charge of getting RSVP counts for the meal at the banquet and in to Tammy by the end of September.
  • Troy to make ballots and agendas and in charge of giving complex update..
  • Tammy to take care of meal.
  • Missy to make volunteer sheets for committee involvement from parents and raffle tickets.
  • Troy is in charge of talking about our season and or FSA’s growth and its future outlook.

Meeting adjourned at 9:40pm.
Next meeting will be the Annual Banquet at the Elk’s Club on October 11, 2009 from 5-7pm.  All FSA parents and players are invited to attend.
Respectfully submitted,
                Missy Plante
                        Secretary

Minutes of FSA Board Meeting
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Present:  Troy Temple, Shelly Prieve, Bob Palmquist, Brendan Cox, Pat Dudley, Tim Schmidtke, Tammy Anderson, Steve Kletschka, Ann Weinkauf
         Missing:  Doug Zahn, Missy Plante



Secretary Report:  Minutes approved from September Meeting
Treasurer’s Report:  nothing new at this time
Election of officers for 2010:
  • President:  Troy Temple
  • Vice-president:  Pat Dudley
  • Secretary:  Shelly Prieve
  • Treasurer:  Tim Schmidtke

Traveling Soccer/Little Feat deadlines:

  • Begin registration by Thanksgiving Online
  • January 25, 2010 Registration Day at the Elks, time to be announced
  • February 7, 2010 Final Registration for Traveling Teams
  • March 28, 2010 Registration Day for Little Feat

Tentative Fees for Playing Soccer (2010):

  • Traveling Soccer at all levels above U10:  $200 plus the cost of  uniform
  • Traveling Soccer at the U9 and U10 levels:  $135 includes the uniform
  • Little Feat:  $75 includes uniform, ball and water bottle

Fundraising:

  • Golf Tournament Fundraiser is set for May 29, 2010 at the Legacy Golf Course with a 1:00 pm Shotgun.  Bob is working out all the final details.

 

Board Meeting Dates for 2010:

  • January 10, 2010  7:00 pm at Washington Center
  • January 25, 2010  Registration at the Elks, time to be announced
  • February 7, 2010 7:00 pm at Washington Center,  deadline for traveling team registration if teams are full
  • March 7, 2010 7:00pm at Washington Center
  • March 28, 2010 Meet/Greet Coaches and Teams at the Elks, hand-out uniforms, deadline for Little Feat registration, time to be announced
  • April 11, 2010 7:00pm at Washington Center
  • May 2, 2010 7:00 pm at Washington Center
  • June 13, 2010 7:00 pm at Washington Center
  • July 11, 2010 7:00 pm at Washington Center
  • August 29, 2010 7:00 pm at Washington Center
  • October 3, 2010 Annual Meeting at Elks, time to be announced

Discussion of Little Feat/Traveling Soccer transition:
It had been voted on that the transition for ages 9-10 will be as following:

  • Traveling Soccer for U9 and U10 boys and girls
  • Beginning at the end of April-early May
  • Season consists of:  10-12 games (half home, half away)
  • NO weekend tournaments (this will be optional up to the coach and his/her team)
  • NO end of year tournaments such as Districts, State etc
  • Scores are not kept
  • There will still be flexibility for first time soccer players playing for Little Feat
  • Troy will make sure all descriptions of our programs at all levels will be clear on the website

Meeting adjourned at 8:00 pm.
Next Meeting is January 10, 2010 at the Washington Center starting at 7:00 pm. 
Respectfully submitted,
Shelly Prieve (FSA secretary)