Most information can be found at www.mnyouthsoccer.org
Communication is the key. Use a 3 ring binder to keep all the information needed for games. This is just a guideline. Make adjustments as needed.
- Know all your club contacts: President, Registrar, Field Coordinator, Referee Coordinator
- Contact your opponent a few days prior to the scheduled date to confirm game time, location, etc. Constant communication is key. If weather creates a question of whether the game is going to be played or not, this could save a lot of unnecessary drive time. Know and stick to the MYSA rules regarding a reschedule as it could result in a fine to the association.
- Make yourself easily available: home phone, work phone, cell phone, email, especially important on game day.
- Always have a list of team members, parents phone numbers and email addresses.
- Directions to fields can be found on MYSA website., but not all, include addresses or intersection names in order to utilize mapping sites. If any of the information is incomplete, then contact the manager or coach from the team you are going to play.
- Match Line-up/Game Reports: Bring this to the game filled out with your roster.Forms are found in the MYSA website under members/services.
- Report scores within 48 hours of game. (U11 and up) Direction are in the MYSA website.
- Know the MYSA Weather Guidelines for heat, cold and lightning. The association makes a decision on bad weather prior to games and referees make the decision during the game.
- Give out a schedule of practices, games, for the season ASAP so players can get them on their calendar. (The earlier the better. This creates less absences) Along with the schedule, have what equipment/uniforms is expected at games and practices. Give out contact names and numbers for carpooling along with players numbers.
Bring the following to games:
- Player Passes
- Match Line-up/Game reports (Home games—bring a stamped envelope to give to the referee, you will get these at the District coaches meeting)
- Emergency information consent forms for each player (www.faribaultsoccer.org under forms)
- First Aid Kit-extra cold packs or ice
- Games Balls for home games(2) - ball pump
- Keep the goalie gloves and goalie jerseys in your possession (unless the player owns their own)
- Always have players bring both jerseys (green and white) to games..
- Tournament play… follow the tournament requirements for registration.
Player Passes assembly
- Be separate from any other member pass
- Include participant signature
- Include recent photo
- Be signed by MYSA
- Be completely laminated front and back